Friday, April 18, 2008

Going the Distance

Apparently my new driving skills are really paying off! I ran out of gas a few months ago, and my car was at about 420 miles. Luckily I ran out of gas as I was about to pull into a gas station, so it was a quick push and then we were refueled and on our way again.

On Easter, we were heading back from my Grandmother's house when I looked down and realized that the mileage was at 418 (my gauge is screwy, so I always go by my mileage). In a slight panic, I started looking for gas station signs. 420. 425. I promised myself that Sam would push when we broke down. 430. 435. At last! A gas station! We were at the gas station, and my trip odometer read 438 miles. To my shock and delight, the car only needed 11 gallons (and change, you know how it is). In fact, just this week I ran out of gas (second time in my life) at just under 500 miles. Apparently my slow and patient new driving style is really paying off!

~Dionne

No comments: